I have no time!
Modern man is frantically trying to earn enough to buy things he’s too busy to enjoy. -Frank.A.Clark
I hope that the start of your year is going well. This is the time when most of us decide new resolutions for the year, especially for our health, isn’t?
But after a couple of months, we hear from all the enthusiast that- I have no ‘’time’’! I have no time for health, relationships or society. I am too busy in my work/business.
The challenge of work-life balance is without question one of the most significant struggles faced by modern man.
Is the work- life balance important?
Some wise man nicely said that on the death bed, you are not going to think about your wealth but the relations you have built.
No doubt career, money, and good facilities are important to lead a comfortable life, but I reckon comfort does not thoroughly satisfy a human being, we are a bundle of emotions and thoughts and a person can be utterly happy when he/she is surrounded by good people and have peaceful relations with them and feel content within.
Therefore having a balance in work and life is an important aspect of healthy and happy lifestyle.
A survey held by The Mental Health Foundation found that:
- One-third of respondents feel unhappy about the time they devote to work.
- More than 40% of employees are neglecting other aspects of their life because of work, increasing their vulnerability to mental health problems.
- When working long hours 27% of employees feel depressed, 34% feel anxious, 58% feel irritable.
- Nearly two-thirds of employees have experienced a negative effect on their personal life, including lack of personal development, physical and mental health problems, poor relationships and poor home life.
How can Yoga and Meditation help you?
Physical health benefits-
- Through Yoga, sympathetic nervous system (stress response) is calmed and balanced along with hormone secretions which help to overcome the depression.
- A regular Yoga practice can improve the quality of sleep, so even if you have less time to sleep you still feel fresh.
- It improves the body posture, which directly affects your breathing by increasing your oxygen levels and energy and you keep going during your working hours.
- Long hours of sitting or standing causes back pain or other spinal injuries, Yoga practice strengthens and increases the flexibility of back muscles which prevents spinal column injuries and pain.
Mental health benefits-
- Yoga practice enhances positive thinking patterns, reduces stress and produces a sense of healthy well-being.
- Consistent yoga practices make you feel happier in general. A happier mood leads to a more uplifted approach towards work and life.
- Meditation practice improves the mindfulness of your thoughts and brings your attention towards family time or some time to reflect on yourself.
- Meditation improves your will power, confidence and decision making.
Spiritual and emotional health benefits-
- Yoga and Meditation practice balances the emotions, you feel more love and compassion towards your colleagues instead of feeling jealous or arrogant.
- In place of participating in a rat race where everyone is trying to prove ‘’I am the best’’, you start giving pause to yourself, peacefully you self-analyze your situation and focus on self-growth as an individual.
So now before you say, you have no time think about these positive benefits of Yoga and Meditation.
Every day 10 minutes of mindfulness and 30 minutes of Yoga practice can help you to establish and maintain a better (if not perfect) work-life balance and essentially lead a more fulfilling life.
A healthy body and sound mind begin with Yoga!
🙂 Keep Smiling!
Subscribe to Blog via Email